PhonePe is a UPI-based payment app by Flipkart gaining popularity due to ease of payment and multiple facilities offered within it. Here, we shall see how to add your bank account to PhonePe and ease your transactions!
Before proceeding to add your bank account in PhonePe, make sure you install the PhonePe on your phone containing the same SIM that is registered to your bank account.
How To Add Bank Account In PhonePe
- Install the PhonePe application on your device from Play Store or App Store.
- In the bottom menu, open the “My Money” tab.
- Here, under “Payment Methods”, and then click on “Bank Accounts”.
- At the bottom of the screen, you will find the option “Add New Bank Account”. Click on this to begin your journey to quick and easy payments!
- To add your bank account to PhonePe, select your bank from the list of banks available.
- Once you click on your bank, you will get the option to validate your phone number. If you are using a dual SIM phone, make sure you choose the SIM card that is linked to your bank account.
- You will receive an OTP, following which you can see your newly added bank account in PhonePe after all the details are fetched.
- Next, you need to set your BHIM UPI pin. This is an important step when adding your bank account in PhonePe, as the UPI pin is essential for transactions. You will see the option at the bottom of the screen after linking your bank account.
- To set the UPI pin, start by entering the last six digits of your debit card number and expiry date. In case your card doesn’t have an expiry date, you can enter 01/49. At the end of this step, you will receive an OTP pin.
- In the next window, you need to enter your OTP pin and your ATM pin. Once these are verified, you can set your BHIM UPI pin. The UPI pin will be used before you make each transaction to confirm payment.
With that, you have completed setting up your first bank account on PhonePe!
Frequently Asked Questions
How To Add Another Bank Account In PhonePe?
You can follow the same steps as above to add another bank account in PhonePe. Now that you have 2 bank accounts, you need to set the primary bank account in PhonePe. The primary bank account is used for making transactions.
How To Change Primary Bank Account In PhonePe?
Under the “Payments” section, select “Bank Accounts” to see the registered bank accounts. Your primary account will have a green tick against it. Select the bank account you want to set as the primary, and click on the checkbox beside it. Click the “Yes” option in the popup box that asks for confirmation to change your primary account.
How To Change UPI Pin In PhonePe?
If you forgot your UPI pin or wish to reset it, click on the “My Money” tab in the PhonePe app. Under “Payments”, click on “Bank Accounts”. Select the bank account whose UPI pin you forgot. You will find your bank account details. Here, you will find an option called “Reset BHIM UPI Pin”. Click on this button, enter the last 6 digits of your debit card number and its expiry date. You may now enter a new UPI pin and set it.
Can I Make Bill Payments Through PhonePe?
Yes, you can pay your bills for electricity, water, mobile, broadband, and gas through PhonePe. It also supports payments for loans and insurance. You can make these payments through PhonePe using your debit card, credit card, UPI, or PhonePe Wallet.
Read more: SATBET
Does PhonePe Need KYC?
KYC is not needed for making transactions on PhonePe using UPI or debit and credit cards. However, you need to do KYC for using PhonePe Wallet.